Last weekend I received a bag of ingredients from Nature’s Basket. It had a pack of crunchy lettuce, fat asparagus spears, bright red vine tomatoes and two plump portobello mushrooms. Now, that last ingredient confuses me. I get a bit confused around mushrooms. What to do with these buggers? Add them to salad, make stir fry or a burger; is that all? This time I wanted to try something new. So I racked my brain, looked on the net and zeroed in on Tandoori mushrooms or khumb. It’s a pretty simple recipe and doesn’t need a lot of preparation.
Portobello mushrooms – 2
Yogurt – 2 tbsp
Ginger and garlic paste – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients (except mushrooms) together in a bowl. Marinate mushrooms in this mix and keep aside for an hour
- Preheat oven to 200 degree Celsius.
- Grease the baking dish and place mushrooms on it. Pour over the marinade mix.
- Roast mushrooms for 15-20 minutes till all the masala dries up.
- Serve with sliced onions and green chutney.