Given that I am such a big fish eater it only makes sense to start the blog year with a fish recipe. Rohu is a river water fish and it’s taste in itself is so sweet that you don’t need too many spices to prepare it. This one is a very Bengali/UP preparation with just mustard and ajwain seeds. Cooking in mustard oil creates some magic in the kitchen and I for one cannot resist the aroma. The recipe is simple. Try it and thank me later.
- Wash the fish, marinate in turmeric powder and salt, keep aside for half an hour.
- Wash away the turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix salt, red chili powder, mustard seeds and ajwain seeds together. Add this mix to fish pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add fish pieces and shallow fry till they are crispy on the edges.
- Sqeeze lemon juice on top and serve with green chutney.