Eggs on a bed of chili garlic potatoes
Working from home has its perks; no traveling, no waiting for bus, no fighting with auto rickshaw drivers and no pushing yourself through the nudging elbows and sweaty armpits in a crowded local. Another good part is cooking whenever and whatever you like, trying out new recipes which you hardly get time for. Anyway, I think that the grass is always greener on the other side. I am perfectly happy with my job and enjoy these one off working-from-home days.
Today was one of those days when I stayed home, woke up late and made a nice brunch. Result was two very happy and well fed human beings. For eggs on a bed of chili garlic potatoes, I got inspired from this recipe on http://www.foodnetwork.com
. The original recipe had zucchini which I replaced with potatoes. I used McCain’s chili garlic potato bites for this recipe but you can make it with diced potatoes, garlic and chili flakes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Eggs – 2
Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
Potato – 1 large (diced)
Carrot – 1 small (diced)
Bell pepper – 1 small (diced)
Pickled gherkin – 1 (chopped)
Garlic – 2 cloves (crushed)
Chili flakes – 1/2 tsp
Oregano – 1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander – 1 tbsp (chopped)
Salt to taste
Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan and throw in onions for frying.
- Add minced garlic, potatoes and carrots and fry till they are almost cooked.
- Add bell pepper, gherkin, chili flakes, oregano, coriander, black pepper powder and salt and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Bring the whole mixture to the centre of the pan and make two depressions in the mix using a ladle.
- Now break both the eggs in these depressions, cover and let them cook on slow flame.
- Once the yolk is cooked, remove from the pan and serve with toasted breads.
My Doodle recipe is a part of Easy Doodle Recipe contest at BlogAdda.com in association with TastyKhana.com