This is my 75th post on the blog and demands a very special recipe. So here’s something that I sort of experimented and it turned out really nice. I had a bottle of peanut butter lying in my fridge given to me by Reema on mu birthday…Oh! I need to mention here that she made a really awesome cake for my birthday. It was a layered cake with peanut butter, chocolate and butter frosting and I don’t remember what all was there but it was brilliant.
So yeah, coming back to the peanut butter, it was The Gourmet Company product and I had no idea what to do with it. Yesterday while browsing through some random recipes online I though why not make cookies with it. Well, I searched for a recipe, altered it a bit and made these lovely cookies this morning. Very proud of myself cause this was my first attempt at baking cookies and they were yum!
Note: I haven’t used any sugar here because the peanut butter already had sugar. If you have a plain peanut butter use 300 gms of sugar.
Peanut butter – 300 gms
Nutella – 4 tbsp
Butter – 50 gms
Eggs – 2
Flour – 200 gms
Baking powder – 11/2 tsp
- Let peanut butter, butter and nutella come to room temperature.
- Beat butter in a bowl for 2 minutes (add sugar if you are using it and beat some more), add peanut butter and keep beating so the mix properly.
- Add nutella and keep mixing.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Mix flour and baking powder separately and then add to the mix.
- The mix will give you a little thicker consistency than the cake batter.
- Preheat oven at 220 degree Celsius.
- Sprinkle some flour on the cookie tray, put small dollops of the batter on the tray using a spoon or your hand. Don’t put more than 7-8 so that there’s enough space for them to spread.
- Let them bake for 15 – 20 minutes. Keep checking.
- Let the cookies cool down.
- Top it with some nutella or dunk it in a glass of hot chocolate and enjoy.