I usually use mustard oil for deep frying since it is a healthier option. While it goes well with pakodas the strong mustard flavour doesn’t blend with bread rolls or sabudana wadas. Hoping that the new Fortune Rice Bran Health will reduce the guilt factor a bit I decided to make sabudana wadas in it. The result was good, a healthier option with the taste intact. Here’s the recipe for you.
Medium sized potatoes (boiled) – 5
Sabudana or tapioca pearls (soaked for an hour) – 100 gms
Bread – 2 slices
Groundnut – 50 gms
Green chilies (chopped) – 2
Fresh coriander (chopped) – 1/2 cup
Amchoor or dry mango powder – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Fortune Rice Bran Health oil (for deep frying) – 200 ml
- Peel and mash the potatoes.
- Drain the water from sabudana and mix them with the potatoes.
- Dip the bread slices in water and mash them in the potatoes and sabudana mix.
- Crush the groundnuts roughly and add in the above mixture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except oil and mix well.
- Heat oil in a deep wok, make round patties with the mixture and fry on high flame till they are golden brown. keep adjusting the flame to maintain the temperature so that the wadas do not get burnt.
- Serve them with thick yogurt or green chutney